So after the first ride after suspension repair, I noticed a hole in the radiator, which I ignored too long and blew the head gasket. After repairing the radiator, I also ignored a few signs – discolored water in the radiator, until I noticed water in the oil – game over. I needed a head gasket. So after a month of struggling with parts, and head removal, I finally was able to swap out the thin, Teflon-coated aluminum membrane that separates the head from the block.
I love the video below because it illustrates well the two extremes of adventure motorcycles and gear. The whole idea of having a perfect bike for adventure is ludicrous, and hopefully after watching, you will agree. From my experience, there so often seems to be a reluctance to ride without proper tools (bike, gear, tents, […]
A quick afternoon trip up into the Bankhead forest, testing out a cheap Wal-Marx fishing rod. Overall a very successful trip, I failed to bag an edible fish but it was a great day riding.