Username: Password:

Author Topic: Big Number One  (Read 952 times)

Offline IceCold4x4

Big Number One
« on: December 30, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
I know many of y'all have had some bad experiences with them. I've been put off a time or two myself, however I must say I went in today to see if they had / could order the part for my HJC helmet that broke when it fell from the seat directly onto the visor last weekend. Well the didn't have it of course, but just straight up pulled one off a helmet they had for sale and installed it on my helmet. Damn nice of them. I know it's only a 10 dollar part but hey maybe they are finally being customer conscious. I went ahead and grabbed a can of chain cleaner while I was at it just to at least buy something while I was there.

Still not happy with their quote on mounting a tire or cleaning some carbs lol. 60 bucks to mount a tire that i would have brought in sans bike. And 800 to clean carbs on the ZRX. .  . but at least the retail side was nice.

Offline DachshundUberAlles

• Woof
Re: Big Number One
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »
An individual employee will do things like that because they aren't "the shop" they work for. No matter how bad a reputation any given shop may have, there's always the chance that there is one or two there who are trying to change that. It's a helluva task. I know, I've been "that guy" (at a different shop) and ownership never seems to encourage such behavior.
Remember tha person who did that for you and deal only with them... for as long as they are able to last there.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Offline merc16

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 06:05:44 PM »
I was there on the 29th and the "atmosphere" was more pleasant than last. The last time I was there I had a total of four salesman after me. I just sat everything I had on a table and left. No pressure this time though.
Justin
2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200,  2015 Yamaha FZ-07, 2018 Kawasaki Z125 PRO SE

Offline LawnmowerRG

• 10% chance of sun sounds like good odds.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:08:23 PM »
The last time I went in there they treated me so well I couldn't believe it. So, I took my BMW to Chattanooga for a recall.
Lets just say I told them most of what I thought before I left. I would have told him everything I thought, but the authorities don't like when you yell at people with your hands. Then went to Northern Tool to get the socket I was looking for. 
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.