Username: Password:

Author Topic: Maxx motorsports  (Read 1159 times)

Offline klaviator

Maxx motorsports
« on: October 09, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »
I ran into a guy at Vintage Fest who used to own Magic City Scooters and now works at Maxx Motorsports.  We talked a bit and he had some interesting info.  He said Maxx bought out Magic City scooters and are now a Kymco dealer.  He also said they would be picking up Vespa.  Of course they sell several brands of motorcycles.  I guess they either have moved to a new location and are having and open house/ grand opening on Nov 5th.  It might be worth checking out.  I may even ride down to check it out.  I'll see when it gets closer to that date.

Offline merc16

Re: Maxx motorsports
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 08:12:28 AM »
Yes they have moved and it's a very nice dealership. It's not cramped like the previous shop. I really like stopping by there.
Justin
2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200,  2015 Yamaha FZ-07, 2018 Kawasaki Z125 PRO SE

Offline DachshundUberAlles

• Woof
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
I rode up there Wednesday. It's a nice place with lots of inventory. I applaud their bravery to stock so much apparel, but think they'll end up being everyone's dressing room so they can get their proper size before they place their internet orders. I also wonder just how much of a market there will be for all those Husqvarna M/X bikes.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Offline klaviator

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »
I rode up there Wednesday. It's a nice place with lots of inventory. I applaud their bravery to stock so much apparel, but think they'll end up being everyone's dressing room so they can get their proper size before they place their internet orders.

I'm glad you posted this.  It's been a long time since I have been in a motorcycle dealer that stocked a lot of gear.  If they have something that I really like then I'll buy it from them even if I can get it cheaper online.  I like being able to try on gear before buying because I really have a hard time finding stuff that fits.  If I can't make it to their open house I'll visit some other time. 

Offline Slede

• NEVER GIVE UP MID CORNER
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »
I'd buy from Maxx before I'd order it online, not enough difference in price for me to not support a local shop that's as good as they are on, well, everything.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Offline Chuck A.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
Where is Maxx located?
DAMMIT TOOL:
 Any  handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling  "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs. It is also the next tool that you  will need. Chitza

Summary food for thought:
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdtrull

Offline DachshundUberAlles

• Woof
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »
2591 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, Al.
(205) 605-1904
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Offline Fencejumper09

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »
Max has a great selection and a great staff. They really treat riders/racers well with a good discount.

I am picking up a KTM Strider for my nephew this weekend. They were the same price as online and would much rather support local.

Highly recommend this shop!