Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help Delivering a Huntsville AL Bike to Hanover PA  (Read 790 times)

Offline buddymc

Help Delivering a Huntsville AL Bike to Hanover PA
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »
Hopefully I'm about to sell my BMW K100RT up in Huntsville to a BMW Guy in Hanover PA, near York, MD.  He's having poor luck finding a service that doesn't want an arm and a leg to deliver a motorcycle so I'm asking around about those kind of services.  Any of your experiences or recommendations would be helpful.  At some point the delivery charge makes or breaks a sale.  Even if this one falls through, I'll have your experiences to draw upon and maybe the next time I can point the Buyer in a better direction.

Offline Chitza

• illegitimi non carborundum
Re: Help Delivering a Huntsville AL Bike to Hanover PA
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 04:33:15 AM »
Has he considered a fly and ride? Fly in to Huntsville and ride it home?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Offline TFancher

Help Delivering a Huntsville AL Bike to Hanover PA
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 07:25:32 AM »
I'll do a "ride and fly" if it's worth it to him.
Of course, a one way ticket from PA to BHM plus a little bit for Tony probably isn't very cost effective. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:31:53 AM by TFancher »
If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Offline Al Goodwin

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:56:32 AM »
What's he willing to pay?   I've got a truck and insurance, and 4 days off work each week.....

Offline norton73

• Faster than a speeding pullet
    • My pics
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 06:16:47 AM »
Wish I'd seen this last week. Got a friend in Madison who just went up to Hagerstown MD to visit family. I'm sure she would have taken the pick up truck for gas money or ridden it up there for return air fare.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Offline renchinrider

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 08:57:59 PM »
Hey All,

In future instances like this, you might give Jim Culver, owner of Klondike Motorcycle Medevac a call at (316) 789-3200.  He's based in Wichita, KS, but has transported motorcycles as far as from Sturgis to Houston, TX.  He'll work pricing with you one on one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klondike-Motorcycle-Medevac-Transport/507040036029831

More important, if you're ever riding anywhere from North Texas to Sturgis (incidentally, he travels to Sturgis each year and works many recoveries there each year), and Colorado to Missouri, you'll want to keep Jim's phone number in your pocket.  If he can't provide you with immediate support, he has a network of reliable, honest recovery people who specialize in motorcycles.

I have spent considerable time with Jim, and I will gladly recommend him to anyone.  He's really an incredible man.

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Offline IceCold4x4

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 07:09:14 AM »
Let me see what works looks like for the next month or so, if we have anything headed that way I can make it very cheap. I'll let ya know tonight, we generally make a run up the north coast to either philly or nyc once every couple of months.

Offline IceCold4x4

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Looks like I've got a run to NYC 8n the next few weeks boss man said he could do it for about 500

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk